CPMGT 302 WEEK 4 Procurement Contracting Process Analysis Paper
Will Fence owns a 70-acre large timber and Christmas tree farm. The Christmas farm gets busy in August and September when Will identifies and flags the trees suitable for Christmas season. Starting in October, the flagged trees will be cut, baled, and trucked to the storage yard where they will stay until shipped. The storage yard is situated in an area that offers shade and protection from the wind to maintain the freshness of the tree. The trees are stacked with the tops locked together to keep the sun and wind away from them.
Will has just purchased an additional 40 acres and will need to expand his storage yard by 40,000 square feet. The budget for this expansion is $55,000. Will has hired your team to design a process to contract resources to expand the storage yard.
Cover the following as requested by Will:
- Description of the contract resource procurement process (from start to closure).
- Explanation of how the contract resources procurement process that was described will assist Will in negotiating the best purchase.
- Explanation to Will why the team believes the process is efficient and achieves the results desired.
- Identification of any risks associated with procuring these resources and explanation of the role of risk management in this process.
- Explanation of how the process may be improved upon.
- Other recommendations the team may have for Will to consider.
Communicate the necessary information to Will in any way you see fit as a team, whether that be a Business Report, a written paper, a visual presentation, a video, etc.
Submit a Turnitin Originality Report (from the Plagiarism Checker tool found in the Library / Center for Writing Excellence) with your assignment. Assignment submissions will not be accepted and will receive a ZERO grade unless accompanied by a Turnitin Report document.
To include a Turnitin Originality Report with your assignment document file: Select the “My Papers” link, then go to the Status column and click on the Ready icon. Then select the Document Viewer link at the top. A printer icon will appear in the bottom of the display. Select the printer icon, then select the “Download PDF of current view for printing” – that PDF file should be saved and submitted with your MS Word assignment file.
Please ensure direct quotations of sources are kept to a minimum in your submitted papers, and that all references used are cited appropriately. The goal of your submitted Turn It In originality report would be to have a similarity score in the range of zero to ten percent.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment along with the Turnitin Originality Report.