HCS 548 WEEK 5 Financial Support for the Older Population Brochure
According to Novak (2012), federal funding for older adults has more than doubled since the 1960s. This surge reflects the increased number of older people and the growth in services or programs for them. These programs and services form a social safety net that ensures a minimum standard of health care and income for older people is met.
Create a 700- to 1,050-word brochure describing the sources of retirement income for older people, including both governmental and personal sources of income. In your brochure, include:
- Various sources of income for the older population in The United States
- Expenditures that the older people might have against this income
- What reforms to government support systems might balance the income or expenditures for older people
- Potential economic effect of an aging population on family members who care for them
- Economic effect of an aging population on society
- Actions being taken to create more cost effective programs for aging adults
- Consider programs covered under federal funding, various education classes for adults, or finance courses for older adults
Include at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar articles to support your findings.
Format your references according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.