MGT 567 WEEK 4 CSR Model Presentation
Select a company in the manufacturing industry. This can be a company a team member works for or one with which the team members are familiar. The organization should be medium sized and has hired the team as consultants to help the company develop and implement social initiatives.
The team has decided that the best starting point will be to benchmark practices employed by local organizations in the team’s selected location and use that information to help the company articulate its position regarding corporate social responsibility (CSR) and ensure its marketing and environmental approaches are consistent with that position.
Research a local manufacturing organization and locate the following:
- The corporate social responsibility (CSR) values
- The CSR model (economic, philanthropic, social web, integrative) most closely associated with the values
- The benefits and drawbacks of the organization’s CSR initiatives
- Marketing values and examples of ethical and unethical means the company could use to influence people through advertising–including ethical and unethical target markets
- Product safety guidelines employed by the company
- Marketing methods that promote sustainability
- Accounting/Financial compliance measures
- Environmental values and whether they are in the market, regulatory, or sustainability category
- Methods used by the company to protect the environment–including green initiatives, guidelines for green products, and animal treatment guidelines
Develop a 16- to 20-slide presentation including detailed speaker notes or voiceover in which you include the following:
- Determine which of the 4 primary models of corporate social responsibility (CSR) would be most applicable and beneficial to the team’s selected company.
- Develop a corporate social responsibility statement for the selected company based on the model selected. Provide examples from the team’s research to support the approach for the statement.
- Recommend marketing and environmental sustainability values the selected company should adopt that align with its CSR policy. Provide examples from the team’s research to support the approach.
- Examine the accounting and financial compliance values the company engages in and relate this to the CSR policy. Provide examples from the team’s research.
- Justify all recommendations using research and examples.
Cite a minimum of 3 scholarly sources.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.